Macleod and MacCallum will be holding a half day seminar on Friday 12th September looking at the legal ramifications of the use of social media in the workplace.
The seminar will include, not only a review of law in relation to social media in the workplace, but will also feature a number of interactive sessions to allow you to take the lessons that you have learned and put them into practice.
By attending this seminar you will be able to understand:
- The pros and cons of using social media for work purposes
- How to protect your business when using social media as a recruitment tool
- Different forms of discrimination
- Assess what documents you may need to protect your business (such as HR policies and procedures)
- What information Employment Tribunals take into account when deciding on unfair dismissal
- What is a fair disciplinary procedure
- What you can do to protect your business after an employee has left
The seminar will be hosted by Ewan Stafford, Macleod and MacCallum’s employment lawyer. Ewan has a wealth of experience in advising clients on all employment law matters, ranging from drafting contracts of employment to defending employment tribunal claims.
You can book and pay directly through eventbrite, or register by contacting Ewan directly on 01463 258004. The cost of the seminar is £75(plus VAT) in order to cover venue and cost of materials. If booking outwith eventbrite, an invoice can be raised. Tea/Coffee and a hot breakfast roll is provided on arrival, and further refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
There will be an emphasis on practical learning and participation throughout the seminar.
8.30 – 9.00 Registration & Refreshments
9.00 – 9.45 Session 1 – Social Media, discrimination and recruitment
9.45 – 10.00 Case Studies
10.00 – 10.45 Session 2 – Social media in the workplace and unfair dismissal
10.45 – 11.15 Break
11.15 – 12.00 Session 3 – Social media and post termination protections
12.00 – 12.30 Case Studies and Q&A