Are you a landlord or considering purchasing a buy to let property?
The private rented sector remains buoyant with a continuing demand for rented properties.
We manage the largest range of properties for rent in the Inverness, Moray Firth and Highland areas.
Book a FREE valuation of your property today with one of our local experts.
We can provide a complete Property Management Service, a non-factored service or we can prepare the tenancy documentation only. In addition, we also offer a tenant finder and rent collection service.
Our experienced Residential Lettings team provide a dedicated lettings service specialising in all aspects of letting and property management. We are here to guide Landlords on all aspects concerning the rental of their property.
Leasing a property can be an area fraught with potential difficulties. Tenants have substantial legal rights and it is therefore imperative that Landlords have a tenancy agreement prepared in order to ensure that they are fully protected.
We can offer help and assistance regarding the legal requirements and regulations surrounding the leasing of your property – some points to remember when leasing your property are:-
- Prior to advertising your property for let, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate, with the ratings displayed on all advertising material.
- Prior to advertising your property for let, all private landlords are required to register their details in the Register of Landlords.
- All electrical systems and appliances in private rented properties must be fit for purpose and safe to use. As from 1 December 2015, all new private rented property in Scotland requires having a fixed wiring Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
- You are obliged to comply with the repairing standards. You may require a House of Multiple Occupancy Licence.
- You may need a gas safety certificate.
- You may need to seek permission from your lender.
- Your insurance may need to be changed.
Buy to Let
If you are a prospective Landlord looking for a property to purchase as an investment, we can help. As solicitors, we offer a full range of legal services to enable all of your business to deal with in one place.
Our Residential Lettings Department can advise on the best property to purchase in order to obtain maximum rental yield, taking into account factors such as location, condition and current market conditions.
Our Residential Conveyancing Department can deal with all aspects of purchasing the property, to include advice on the terms of any offer, on all aspects of negotiating the contract, together with all work in connection with the legal transfer of ownership of the property from the seller to you.
To receive a copy of our Landlords Packages or to arrange a free rent appraisal of your property, please contact us on 01463 258002.