Please find below details of the procedures you should follow should an emergency occur at your rental property out with office hours and which cannot wait until our office reopens.
Calling a contractor out of normal working hours will incur higher than normal hourly charges, therefore should only be used where absolutely necessary.
Please note that if a contractor is called out as an emergency when not justified, you will be held liable for all costs.
Below are examples of situations which would be classed as an emergency.
• Severe smell of gas – contact the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999
• Total lack of water supply – contact Scottish Water on 0800 0778 778 to ensure that works are not being carried out in the area
• No power supply – firstly check the fuse box, neighboring properties and with your supplier
• Blockage of your ONLY toilet
• Loss of heating (gas) where the system fails between the months of October to April
• Plumbing leaks – please ensure that you turn off the water supply at the stop cock
• Door lock issues i.e. main door to property cannot be locked or unlocked
• Loss of keys – if this is due to tenant neglect, such as losing a key or locking it in the property, you should contact a local locksmith.
If an emergency has occurred as a result of a crime i.e. broken windows or insecure property, please report to the Police who will supply you with an incident crime number which we will require for our records.
Where the property has a care package such as Scottish Gas 3* please contact them direct.
Orbis Services Ltd – Plumbing/Gas/Oil Engineer – 07934 558052
Scott Adamiec Electrical Services Ltd – 07803150031 or 07876223086
Assist Locks – Locksmith – 01463 262800 or 07562671816 – Monday – Sunday 09:00am – 21:00PM