Are you a landlord or considering purchasing a buy to let property?
In the current economic climate, the private rented sector has never been so buoyant. With the difficulties in the housing market, there is an increased demand for rented properties. We at Macleod & MacCallum manage the largest range of properties for rent in the Inverness, Moray Firth and Highland areas.
We can provide a complete property management service, non factored service or prepare the lease documentation only.
Our experienced Lettings team provide a dedicated lettings service specialising in all aspects of letting and property management. We are here to guide landlords on all aspects concerning the rental of their property.
Leasing a property is an area fraught with potential difficulties. Tenants have substantial legal rights therefore it is imperative that landlords have a lease professionally prepared in order to ensure that they are fully protected.
We can offer help and assistance regarding the legal requirements and regulations. Below are some points to remember when leasing your property:-
- Prior to advertising your property for let, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate, with the ratings displayed on all advertising material.
- Prior to the start of the lease, formal notice must be given to your tenant prior to occupancy.
- You must register with your Local Authority.
- You are obliged to comply with the repairing standards. You may require a House of Multiple Occupancy Licence.
- You may need a gas safety certificate.
- You may need to seek permission from your lender.
- Your insurance may need to be changed.
We can advise you on all general matters regarding the letting of your property.
Buy to Let
If you are a prospective landlord looking for a property to purchase as an investment, we can help. As solicitors, we at Macleod & MacCallum offer a range of additional services which make our service special.
Our Lettings Department can advise on the best property to purchase in order to obtain maximum rental yield, taking into account factors such as location, condition and current market conditions.
Our Conveyancing Department can deal with all aspects of purchasing the property, to include advice on the appropriate survey, on the level of offer, on all aspects of negotiating the contract, together with all work in connection with the legal transfer of ownership of the property from the seller to you.
To receive a copy of our Landlords Packages or to arrange a free rent appraisal of your property, please contact us on 01463 258002.